Welcome back to Techbusket. Today we have collected 15 best technology quotes instead of the usual boring quotes for our readers. I had collected these quotes from different news papers a long time ago.
1. One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
-Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary and Book of Epigrams, 1923
2. Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler.
3. “If McDonalds were run like a software company, one out of every hundred Big Macs would give you food poisoning, and the response would be, ‘We’re sorry, here’s a coupon for two more.’ “
-Unknown, at least to us
4. “If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.”
5. “The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea.”
-The Wizardry Compiled by Rick Cook
6. “The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.”
7. “Computers are like bikinis. They save people a lot of guesswork.”
8. “The most important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them.”
-Sir William Bragg
9. “Technology is dominated by two types of people: Those who understand what they do not manage. Those who manage what they do not understand.”
10. “It’s ridiculous to live 100 years and only be able to remember 30 million bytes. You know, less than a compact disc. The human condition is really becoming more obsolete every minute.”
11. “The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.”
12. “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”
13. “The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.”
-B. F. Skinner Contingencies of Reinforcement, 1969
14. “The only people who have anything to fear from free software are those whose products are worth even less.”
15. “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.”
-Thomas Alva Edison