Welcome back. Then you would like to know about the top 5 Engineering exams in India. If you are an aspiring engineer, this article will surely help you to get admission in a good engineering college. Every year, hundreds and thousands of engineers are produced. But only a very few of them get hired by best companies. To get selected by top companies, a student must get admission into the prestigious colleges. And to get admission into the prestigious colleges, you first need to clear the toughest engineering entrance exams in India.Indian education system, mainly in medical and engineering field conducts lots of entrance exams these days. Among all of them IIT JEE main exam and JEE advanced are most popular and very difficult to crack. There are few others too. Don’t worry, I’ll list them all in remaining part of the article.
Names of Top 4 Engineering Entrance exams in India
1. JEE MAIN Exam (Online)
2. JEE Advanced Exam
3. BITSAT Entrance Exam
4. DCE Entrance Exam
1. JEE MAIN 2015 Exam (Online): This exam is taken by lakhs of students from all over India. Last year, more than 13 students appeared in JEE Main. Among all the engineering examinations JEE MAIN is the toughest. 16 Central Government/State Government Funded Institutions, 12 IITs, 30 NITs and many deemed universities accept JEE main score. But to get a seat in IITs a student should have rank under top 1.5 lakh.
2. JEE Advanced Exam: The JEE Advanced Exam is the second and final stage of the Joint Entrance Examination. Only the top 1.50 lakh scorers of JEE Main can go for JEE advanced. And these 1.5 lakh students compete for around 10,000 seats. This year, JEE advanced examination will be held on May 24, 2015.
3. BITSAT Entrance Exam: This is a computer based online test conducted every year to get a seat in BITS Pilani campus in Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa. Aspirants must passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. In 2015, the entrance will be held on May 14 – May 29.
4. DCE Entrance Exam: Another most popular engineering entrance exam in India.DCE entrance exam conducted by University of Delhi. Through this test, they enroll students into various engineering colleges in Delhi region.
5. VITEEE: This entrance exam is conducted for getting admission into various engineering courses in VIT. Students from all over India take participate in this entrance as it is one of the famous engineering entrance exam in India.