Do you count yourself in those people who have keen interest in learning new things and do you also excel in your subjects? In your childhood, you loved teaching your friends which was just a part of regular playing but you can make your passion your profession. When passion is teaching, why not to become a professor. There are immense benefits that you can get in your whole life after you become a professor. And how to become one? We will tell you how.
UGC NET is the qualifying examination conducted by CBSE for the posts of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship which is for students who have done their Post-Graduation or are in the final year of same. UGC stands for University Grant Commission which is a statutory body set up by Indian Union Government. Each year UGC conducts NET (National Eligibility Test) twice a year. So, you can apply for the exam whenever you feel you are ready. Currently, UGC NET registrations are going on and you can apply till 11 September 2017. The examination date is 5th November 2017. UGC conducts NET in 84 subjects so you have immense options to choose from.
You cannot deny the fact that a teacher is a role model for everyone. You shape future of your students and this selfless job is what you need.
Why To Choose Professor As A Career?
Are you tired of listening about the private sector jobs where there is so much work pressure and no fun? Do you want to enjoy your work and want to get multiple benefits? Then, you must now focus on this path as we are about to tell you the benefits of being a professor-
- You get job security- As academic profession need more highly educated and talented professionals, you do not have to worry about regular job recession.
- Not a 9 to 6 job- With flexible working shifts and of course the whole summer vacations that you get, when we say you enjoy your job you actually do.
- Good pay scale- You get good pay scale with all your hard work paying off.
- Respectable and Rewarding job- Being a professor of a college or institute is surely a respectable job with lots of rewards. You shape your student’s future, share your knowledge and skills with students.
How To Apply For UGC NET?
UGC NET is for students who have completed Post-Graduation, or are in final year/semester of Post-Graduation. Want to apply for UGC NET? Look down below –
- Visit cbse.nic.in and Fill the Application Form. Registration for UGC NET November 2017 is still going on.
- The eligibility criteria to apply for UGC NET is a Master’s degree with 55% minimum marks or equivalent examinations by university/Institutes recognised by UGC. Students currently in final year or final semester can also apply for NET but have to submit their proof of clearance of Master’s degree for the same later.
- This time you also need Aadhar Card for registration of Application form for authentication of student’s identity.
- The Application for General is INR 600, for OBC is INR 300 and for SC/ST is INR 150.
- You can opt for both online and offline mode to pay for registration of application.
- You need to have scanned passport size photograph of size 4 kb to 40 kb in jpeg format. Also, keep your scanned image of signature ready in size 4 kb to 30 kb in jpeg format. Use them while filling the form.
- The students need to apply in the same subject as of their Master’s degree in UGC NET.
What Options Do You Have After UGC NET?
Once you have cleared UGC NET, you are now eligible to apply for job posts of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship as per the eligibility criteria available.
- Assistant Professor- Candidates with Master’s Degree with 55% minimum marks in Indian University or licensed foreign university. Also, candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in accordance to UGC Regulations, 2009 or as per the eligibility conditions of university, candidates may be relieved from eligibility of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment of candidates for the post in university.
- Associate Professor – Candidates with noble academic record and holding a Ph.D. Degree in allied discipline. Also, they must have minimum of 55% marks in Master’s Degree. Minimum of eight years of experience in teaching and/or research. Also, minimum score in Academic Performance Indicator (API) based on Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in UGC Regulations, 2010.
- Professor- Ph.D. scholar with 10 years of minimum experience in teaching in University/College or in research in University/National level institutions/industries. Minimum score in Academic Performance Indicator (API) based on Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in UGC Regulations, 2010. Or candidate with outstanding work experience and established reputation who has relevant contribution to the knowledge in allied discipline.
How Much Can You Earn After UGC NET?
This is main reward for which candidates actually do so much of hard work. Different job positions have different salary prospects which are as follows –
Average salary for Assistant Professor is INR 5.75 lacs, Associate professor is INR 9.33 lacs and Professor is INR 11.88 lacs.