You might have heard about the Google Glass, which has been claimed as something out of a sci-fi movie. So, you may wonder what Google Glass is and what are its uses or features. You will get the answers to your questions about Google Glass here.
What is Google Glass ?
The rumor about Google Glass was spread in the early quarter of 2012. The rumor was that the giant search engine company Google would introduce a completely new goggles with unbelievable features. Well, it’s not just a rumor now, and Google is going to introduce their new goggles within few months.
The Google Glass is a High-tech Eyewear, which will be able to collect data from electronic devices like Smartphones and computers. It will collect the data in a categorized way and show them in front of the eyes of the person who is wearing it. Well, you may feel wonder, but it’s features are lots more than to be wondering!
It can collect messages from your portable devices like Android phones, tablets and others and show them, can capture images, record videos, show the directions to any destination and many more. It works as a camera, camcorder, directory, messenger, phone and microphone all along and performs them on the go.
Features of Google Glass
There are lots of amazing features available with the Google Glass. The most wonderful features are-
- Take Images and Record Videos Handsfree: Well, the most amazing feature of the Google Glass is the ability of working according to the voice instructions. You just have to say, “Ok Glass, take a picture” and the headset will automatically capture the image. You can record videos in the same way. You can complete these tasks even though your hands are full, you can share the pics and videos on social networks as well.
- Display Messages: You can send messages and emails using the voice commands, Google Glass will show your texts as well.
- Find Results: If you connect the Google Glass with the data connection of your Smartphone or Wi-Fi, you will be able to use it as a search engine. Through it, you can identify any object, search for any object by voice command, get an answer to your question and other facilities instantly.
- Display Maps: You can use the Google maps via your Google Glass. If you ask for a direction to a certain destination, it won’t show point directions, rather it will display the realistic directions just in front of your eyes.
- Voice Translation: If you are in a foreign country and don’t their local language, Google Glass can help will by translating their language.
Specs of Google Glass
There is a 5 megapixel built-in camera with the resolution of 720 pixels. The display resolution of the visual screen which will show data in front of your eyes is 640 x 360 pixels. The battery life for normal using (excluding video recording) would be almost one day.
It will be packed with a built-in 16 GB flash memory, but you can use 12 GB to store your pics and videos. It will be loaded with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi functions as well.
The estimated price of Google Glass is around $1,500, and it is expected to be available by the end of this year.