South Korean company Samsung officially announced its 4-inch Galaxy S3 mini smartphone in Germany on Thursday. The new smartphone from Samsung sports a Super AMOLED display and is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor.
Galaxy S III runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, which seems to be the only fresh thing come with the handset. Other features include 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, 5MP rear camera with LED flash, front facing VGA snapper, microSD card slot, NFC and a 1,500mAh battery.
JK Shin, Communication Head of Samsung, admitted that the Galaxy S3 Mini won’t be found wanting in terms of specifications when compared to its big brother, and while the slimmed down offering may ship with Android 4.1 out the box, some fans may be disappointed by what’s inside. Mr. Shin had also said that Galaxy S3 was heading for the European market to meet the growing demand for small handsets.
Samsung’s original Galaxy S III was unveiled in late May, 2012 and became very popular within a short period of time. Galaxy S3 Mini will go live for pre-orders soon and 8GB version of the smartphone is expected to be priced at $$350 and 16GB for $430. Samsung has not revealed the exact price and release date of Samsung Galaxy S III Mini.
As the phone is smaller in size than the original version, users can carry the phone in their pocket without facing any kind of trouble.
Features of Galaxy S3 Mini
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.0-inch WVGA(480×800) capacitive touch screen display
- 9.85 mm thick and weighs 111.5 g grams
- 5MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 720p video recording and VGA secondary camera
- FM radio with RDS, 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB / 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB with microSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.76Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS/GLONASS and NFC
- 1,500mAh battery
Smartphones are the most popular in the market right now, due to the fantastic range of apps that are available. If you are looking for cheap mobile phones online then make sure you check out the smartphones available from sites such as dialaphone.