Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus is a second gen Samsung Tablet that is kept updated regularly by Samsung. They were not able to release any firmware update for Tab plus because it was too busy with Note 10.1 and Note lineup. The new update is coded as Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich ZSLP6 is compatible to Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200. This update can be installed using Odin. We will suggest you to backup everything using apps like Titanium Backup etc. We have created a detailed tutorial below to help your with the firmware installation. Basically this firmware is to solve some bugs that users were reporting. Beside that it add features like Face unlock, new lock screen and user interface.
- First of all make sure that you installed USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus on your Computer for the connection. If not, then you can downloaded and install the same from here.
- Then you need to follow the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and tick the USB Debugging option box to enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy Tab 7.0.
- Then you must charge your tablet to at least 80% so that it should not turn off during the installation process. If it does that it won’t be starting again so easily.
- The security suites like firewall or antivirus should be turned off on your Galaxy Tab and the Computer. You must disable them so that they won’t interrupt the process anyway.
- The process needs a backup of apps, settings and data from your Galaxy Tab because during the installation process the entire data would wipe up. So, it would be better to backup your contacts, call logs, bookmarks, Wi Fi, SMS, MMS, images, videos, songs, MMS settings and APN settings etc.
- Ensure that tablet has been factory unlocked.
Android 4.0.4 P6200ZSLP6 for Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus [Download]
Odin v1.85 [Download]
Hey friend, please remember one thing, you are updating your device at your own risk, and we are not responsible to you if your device is hanged or getting any problems.
Update Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus to Android 4.0.4 ZSLP6 ICS
Step 1. After downloading both the zip files you need to extract then on your Computer.
Step 2. Then turn off your Galaxy Tablet and boot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously until you see a Samsung logo on / Android robot with triangle on the display and then press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
Step 3. Connect your tablet with the Computer via USB data cable while Odin is open. If tablet got detected on your Computer than ID:COM section will turns yellow with COM port number.
Step 4. In Odin, click on PDA button to select the file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
Step 5. There are few more extra step which you need to follow –
- You need to click on ‘tablet’ and select a file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Skip this step if file not available.
- You need to click on ‘CSC’ and select a file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Skip this step if file not available.
- You need to click on ‘PIT’ and select a .pit file. Skip this step if file not available.
Step 6. Again in Odin, you need to check on Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options. Remember – you can only check on re-partition option if .PIT file is available to you.
Step 7. Then, click on Start button to start the installation process and this process will take around 6-7 minutes to complete.
Step 8. After the completion of the process, you need to restart your tablet or will restart automatically. Once you see the home screen on your display, you can unplug your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus from Computer.