HTC has already made clear that Top notch One Series phones will be getting Jelly Bean update but it seems like they are creating a whole new HTC TouchSense UI for Jelly Bean and this is taking longer than expected. You will have to wait till late October for the Official Jelly Bean Firmware update. If you want to install Jelly Bean Android 4.1 on HTC One X phone then you will need to unlock the bootloader and root the phone. You can install the Stable Eternity Project Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware. Based on CyanogenMod 10 codes and kernel the EPRJ ROM is stable and has some minor bugs. Most of the buts related to radio, camera and Wi-Fi has been resolved. Check out the detailed installation process below:
- This flashing process is going to wipe the data, apps and settings from your HTC device but it is not going to touch your SD card. So, you must backup files in your SD card. Files suggestion regarding the backup are bookmarks, SMS, MMS, images, videos, music, contacts, call logs, MMS settings and APN settings etc.
- The security suites such as firewall or antivirus must be disabled on your HTC device and from the Computer. It is required for no longer interruption in the process.
- Also, make sure that you have charged your device battery to at least 70% or even more. As it is really important to finish the process in successful manner. Somehow if your turns off in between the process than it will be very hard for you to turn it on once again and you have to take it to the service center.
- You must navigate to ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and tick the USB Debugging option box to turn on the USB Debugging option.
- Ensure that your device is rooted and ClockworkMod recovery is running on as a default recovery. Also, confirm that a fastboot file is on your computer. Then, check for the HTC ADB drivers on your Computer.
Android 4.1.1 CM10-EPRJ ROM [Download]
Install Stable Jelly Bean Custom ROM on HTC One X:
Step 1. Assuming that you have followed very instructions very carefully and also downloaded the both the zip files on your Computer. Then, you need to extract the ROM’s zip file to get the boot.img file to fastboot folder on your Computer and don’t try to rename it.
Step 2. Then you need to place both the downloaded files to your HTC device. For that, first you need to connect your device to the Computer via USB data cable. Once you have done with this transfer process, you need to reboot into CWM recovery.
Step 3. In the recovery mode, you need to wipe all data from your HTC One X, which you can do by select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option and confirm the same on the next screen.
Step 4. Then you need to select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and once again select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Browse to your device SD card and select zip file for your device to flash it on your device. Confirm the installation process on the next screen. Repeat the same to flash Gapps.
Step 5. After the completion of the installation, select Go Back option from main menu and select ‘reboot system now’ option to restart your HTC One X.