There is a very good news for the users of Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. The first Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based official test firmware has been leaked online. The firmware was leaked by SamMobile. However, the beta firmware is not officially available till now but those who wish to learn more about it can try the latest Jelly Bean Firmware by installing it manually. We have interpreted a step by step guide to install leaked Android 4.2.1 XXUFMB3 Jelly Bean Official ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300.
This is a private beta firmware update for the developers but users who are interested in knowing more about Samsung’s upcoming software update can install this firmware on their device. Installing CWM is optional as this installation process uses ODIN flash tool. You may need to install ClockworkMod recovery if you wish to install third party root apps or custom ROMs.
This official firmware has many upgraded features. It is based on the Android 4.2.1 JOP40D baseband firmware. The notification center has been upgraded and Voice command feature has improved.
According to SamMobile, this firmware has been fully tested and it will work smoothly just like any other firmware on S3 I9300. The firmware is still in development stages so some bugs and glitches might be there but these will be fixed in the future public release.
Before You Proceed
You should know that this firmware is unbranded and is tested and used only on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. You should follow the steps given in this tutorial only if you are installing the firmware on international variant of Galaxy S3 I9300.
Follow the below points before proceeding with the installation;
- You should have correct USB drivers for Galaxy S3 I9300 on PC. So, download the drivers First.
- Back up your stuff: It is advisable that you backup all your important data and settings with a recovery tool such as the TWRP or the ClockworkMod (CWM).
- Enable USB Debugging mode: If you are running Android 4.0 or later then you have to navigate to “Settings>Developer Options”… If you are running Android 2.3 or any other earlier version then you need to go to “Settings>Applications>Development”.
- Give your Phone a 100% battery charge: It is advisable to charge your device battery to 100% before you proceed.
- Very that your Galaxy S3 I9300 is factory unlocked and it is not locked to any one particular carrier.
- This website does not hold any responsibility if someone fails to follow the steps in this guide and end up bricking their device. Users should proceed at their own risk.
Steps to Install Leaked XXUFMB3 Jelly Bean Official ROM on Galaxy S3
Step 1- Download and store the Official Android 4.2.1 I9300 XXUHMB3 firmware on you PC. Download it from this link. Extract the zip file after downloading.
Step 2- Download ODIN v1.85 from this link. We will need it in the installation process.
Step 3- Switch off your phone and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down button along with Home button, now tap the Power button until you see an Android Robot icon with a triangle on your device’s screen. Click the Power button again to enter the Download Mode.
Step 4- Open ODIN on your PC and connect your phone with your PC with a USB cable while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5- When the Phone gets connected correctly with the PC you will notice that one of the ID: COM box will turn yellow in ODIN windows on your computer screen. This step can take few minutes.
Step 6- Choose the files that are needed to be installed on your phone, these files can be found in the zip file that you extracted in Step 1.
- Click the ‘PDA’ button on the ODIN window. Now select the file named ‘CODE’.
- Click the ‘Phone’ button and then choose the file called ‘MODEM’. You can proceed to the next step if you don’t find any such file.
- Now click the ‘CSC’ button and then select the file called ‘CSC’. Proceed if you don’t find any such file.
- Tap the ‘PIT’ button and then select the .pit file. Ignore this step if you don’t find such a file.
Step 7- Check F.Reset Time and Enable Auto Reboot options in ODIN. If you chose a .pit file then check the Re-Partition option too.
Step 8- Click Start button in ODIN to start the firmware installation process. This process will take several minutes.
Step 9- Your Galaxy S3 will reboot after the installation process.
Step 10- Disconnect your phone from your PC after you see the Home Screen.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is now running the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean official test firmware.