Samsung is giving its all effort release the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for its latest Phones like Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Tab 2. Samsung faced some serious issues like Apple abduction and some other time taking device launches that are diverting them far from the firmware updates. But it looks like they have already created a Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy SIII. We have received information from XDA forum that Samsung Galaxy S3 got the leaked Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean XXDLI1. The new firmware has some bug fixes and all latest Android Jelly Bean features and apps. But we expect some minor bugs as this is a pre-released leak. Check out the installation process below:
1. Make sure that you have installed ClockworkMod recovery installed on your Galaxy S3 device.
2. This updating process is going to wipe the data, apps and settings from your Galaxy S3 device. So, you must backup files such as are bookmarks, SMS, MMS, images, videos, music, contacts, call logs, MMS settings and APN settings etc in your SD card.
3. All security suites such as firewall / antivirus must be disabled on your device and Computer to confirm that it would no longer interruption in the process.
4. Ensure that you have charged your device battery to at least 80-85%. It is required to finish the installation process. if you fail and turns off in between the process than it will be very hard for you to restart again.
5. You must navigate through ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and then tick the USB Debugging option box to turn on the USB Debugging.
XXBLG8 ICS Firmware [Download]
XXDLI1 Jelly Bean Firmware [Download | Mirror]
Update XXDLI1 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy S3:
Step 1. Assuming that you have gone through the steps mentioned under pre-requisite and also downloaded the file from mentioned link. Then you need to place both the zip file to the root of the sd card.
Step 2. Now, turn off your Galaxy S3 to boot into CWM recovery mode. You are need to press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power button together till the screen turns on. When it appears let it go.
Step 3. In the recovery mode, you need to perform a Nandroid Backup of current ROM which will help you in restoring it from the recovery mode if something wrong happens to your device or if you don’t like this Jelly Bean update. In order to perform this you need to select Backup and Restore > Backup on next screen. Return to main menu again.
Step 4. You need to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and again select ‘Wipe Cache partition’ to clear all the cache from your device.
Step 5. Further you need to select ‘install zip from sd card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sd card’. Look into the SD card and select the Samsung-Updates.com-GT-I9300_BTU_1_20120806161432_al03it6wa2.zipfile to flash it on the screen. Confirm the installation by clicking ‘Yes’ on next screen. This will install XXBLG8 ICS Firmware on your Galaxy device. The process will take around 6-7 minutes to complete this process.
Step 6. After the completion of the installation process, select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option to return into main menu and then select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your Galaxy S3.
Step 7. When the device boots up again you need to turn off your device and enter into recovery again.
Step 8. Once again, you have to wipe the data by choosing ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option.
Step 9. Now, you need to select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and again select ‘choose zip from sd card’. But this time you need to select Samsung-Updates.com-GT-I9300-BTU-JB_4_1_1-I9300XXDLI1-OTA-INTERNAL.zip file from sd card. Confirm the same on the next screen by selecting ‘Yes’.
Step 10. After the completion of the installation process, you need to select go back option and then select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy device.