Amazon Kindle Fire is one of the most successful tablet model on market, Kindle fire product have lot of craze. Currently it’s working with android Ginger bird 2.3 mobile operating system, But Google released new version of android jellybean 4.1.1.
So are you ready upgrade your Amazon kindle fire to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean? Just follow our simple guide lines to make your dream come live. Say thanks to “Hashcode” from XDA developers forum, He helped us to create this firmware update tutorial.
Things to remember before proceeding:
- Before installing the new ROM, You should delete all data on your tablet. Take backup of your data, So that you can restore your data after upgrading the firmware.
- You should Install TWRP mode image on your kindle fire. Don’t know how to install? Check this.
- This custom ROM is created by a XDA forum member (Developer), I mean it’s a unofficial update. This ROM is on early development stage now, May be some bugs will be included in this ROM. Those bugs will be solved in upcoming updates of this ROM. In our estimation almost 96% of functions working fine, If any functions are unable? Those will be work fine in next update.
- Please follow our well explained below installation guide to avoid problems while upgrading your device.
Firmware Installation /Upgrading Tutorial:
1. First of all download below two files to your computer.
Download: Jellybean 4.1.1Firmware Package
Download : Google Apps
2. Connect your device to the computer using original kindle fire USB data cable.
3. Now copy and paste the downloaded 2 zip files from your computer to SD card(memory card).
4. Now you have to enter to the recovery mode, To enter just turn off your kindle fire, next press and hold the power button and volume up button.
5. Now you’ll see a triangle on your screen, there you have to select “TWRP mode” option.
6. You are in TWRP mode now, In that you need to select data factory reset option> then select wipe cache and wipe Dalvik cache. Now hit on “Install” Option, select the downloaded jellybean package file and next hit on flash button to apply the firmware package to your device. Install Google apps package also like this. Its take several minutes to complete the process. You’re almost done.
Just come back to recovery mode, Find and select the “Reboot system now” option, that’s it.
Welcome to the world of jelly bean, your device is now running on latest jellybean 4.1.