Welcome back to Techbusket. Today we are back with another rooting tutorial. This easy tutorial will help you to root LG Nexus 4 easily. After rooted your LG Nexus 4, you can easily install custom ROMs like Slim Bean, AOKP, XYLON, CyanogenMod 10 and JellyTime on it.
There are tons of ways and tools to root your android smartphone. Many of them are very complicated. Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tool will root your phone in no time. It is not only easier but also safer than other rooting procedures.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone.
- Make sure that the battery of your Nexus 4 is at least 80 percent charged.
- Backup all your important files like SMS / Call Logs, Contacts, APN Settings, Multimedia Files stored on your device.
- Download Device Drivers for Your Android smartphone from here.
Hey friend, please remember one thing, you are rooting your device at your own risk, and we are not responsible to you if your device is hanged or getting any problems.
Easy Steps to Root LG Nexus 4 using CF-Auto-Root
1. First download CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 4 (filename: CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.zip). Then extract the Rooting Package to your desktop.
2. Now Turn off your LG Nexus 4 smartphone and boot the same into download mode. Next press and hold Volume Down + Power Button and wait until the screen turns on.
3. Connect the device to your PC and wait for the device drivers to get installed. This step may take some time.
4. Now open the extracted folder from desktop and the “root-windows.bat” file.
5. Press any key to initiate the rooting process. Your android device will reboot several times during the process.
6. Once the procedure is successfully done, your LG Nexus 4 will boot into Normal Mode.
7. Now Check the SuperSU app to confirm that your device has been rooted successfully.
Thats all. Now you have a rooted LG Nexus 4 E960. If you have any question regarding the rooting tutorial, please feel free share in our comment section.